Step 1: Install a server software for plugins
You have to install a server software that allows the use of plugins. Currently available on Aternos are:
- PaperMC (recommended): https://aternos.org/software/papermc/
- Spigot: https://aternos.org/software/spigot/
- Magma: https://aternos.org/software/magma/ (Supports mods and plugins)
- Mohist: https://aternos.org/software/mohist/ (Supports mods and plugins)
- Glowstone: https://aternos.org/software/glowstone/
Step 2: Install a plugin
You can find lots of plugins in the Aternos plugin list here: https://aternos.org/addons/ Search for a plugin and select a version that works with your server version.
Step 3: Configure a plugin
After starting the server most plugin generate a config folder with different config files. You can access these files in the files section: https://aternos.org/files/ Most config changes require a server restart.